SS - (Caption)
The Caption was designed by Steve Scarborough, hence our name for this boat: the SS. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That's why we made an exact composite replica, and we love it! Rigid, fast, and light. This boat is an excellent tandem boat for river running, playboating, slalom racing, and any kind of whitewater you can imagine.
The SS also makes for a great solo-tripping boat. By easily moving a thwart and ordering with our triple saddle configuration, you've got a boat that makes an excellent tandem as well as solo boat, giving you the versatility desired by many.
MT Canoes' SS comes standard with ash gunwales and carbon-basalt deckplates
MT Canoes' SS is comprised of s-glass, Kevlar, carbon basalt, and carbon fiber. All boats are built with UV inhibited epoxy.
- Color options are custom per order, pigments are available in most colors. Price may vary depending upon color scheme.
- carbon-basalt deck plates
- Grab Loops
- Triple-oiled gunwales, pre-assembled
- Solo, tandem, and triple saddle configurations available
- Stainless steel hardware
- Vacuum bag construction
River Runner Lay up
( lighter lay ups available upon request, price may vary)
Length: 14' 1" Raw Hull : 34 lb. With gunwales and decks: 44 lb. +/- 3 lb.
- Price with gunwales and deckplates: $2,300
- Price with complete tandem outfitting: $2,850
- Price with complete triple saddle outfitting: $3,050 (center saddle does not have foot braces)
- Composite bow splash plate: $125
- Composite stern splash plate: $125